Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bakso Kuah -Indonesian Meatball soup-

Rainy season is perfect time for having bakso 


What is bakso?

Bakso is meatball. The way we make meatball is almost the same as American. We just add tapioca flour lil bit.

If you wanna know how we make meatballs, you can check my blog making bakso.

Sometimes I do make American style meatballs, by adding bread crumbs if I have. Like this meatballs, I used bread crumbs and adding some chopped green onion too but I still use tapioca flour as well.

This time I got lured making huge meatballs with egg inside. I did tricky tho, just boiled the egg first and then wrapped it in meatballs dough. >_< This kind of meatballs is like tennis ball so we call it Bakso Tennis. 



Now I just need to give you the soup base recipe for this.


I only make 1 big portion for this soup

Ingredients for soup

2cups of water
2 cloves of garlic
some meatballs
Some noodles : white and yellow 
*I only like white noodles*


seasonings

2 tbsp white pepper
2 tsp of salt
2-3 tbsp of chicken bouillon powder
1 tbsp sweet soy *optional*
usually the customers who add sauce,sweet sauce and sambal, depends on their taste.

Garnish

fried shallots
Baby bok choy
Hot sauce / sambal *optional*

 Method

Boiled water, add meatballs *give small cuts like cross on small meatballs, so when the water's boiled, the meatballs developed making pretty shape like flower* 


add seasonings,
bring to taste, add more chicken bouillon for better taste.
If you have some bones actually it's much better.

Prepare the noodles. 
Just like you make spaghetti. Boiled if you use thick ones or soaked in hot water if it's thick one.
 Cook as you like, but don't over cook it.
I like small noodles with soft, tender texture.

You can add baby bok choy when you cook noodles for about 3min if it's boiling or if you wanna just cook it in microwave is fine.

How to serve

In a bowl, add noodles, baby bok choy
pour the soup and meatballs
sprinkle the shallots if you have.
For spicy soup, you can add more extra hot sauce
Serve it while it's hot!


Bon apetite

No comments:

Post a Comment