Thursday, June 20, 2013

Donat Kentang -Home made Potato Donuts-





Let me tell you how I made these donuts!
I was quite happy when I saw my dough is doubled size but then felt bad since it's soooo sticky. I had already put in fridge as I read n watched how to make donuts tho! 
Still sticky so I need extra flour when I knead it. 





To make the hole in the middle, I used the mouth of plastic bottle. I didn't roll the dough using rolling pin since my dough is sticky too much. So what I did was only pinched some dough, small enough for 1 piece and then flattened it on cutting board or kitchen counter using ur palm like kneading it too then when it's round enough, I took plastic bottle and pushed in the middle n voila, got the hole!


after you shaped them, don't fry or bake right away, just wait few more min 
then they doubled size

Ingredients

250gr flour
200ml milk
1tbsp active yeast
200gr mashed potatoes
50gr sugar
3tbsp butter
1/4tsp salt
50ml luke warm water
1tsp vanila
1 egg

Method

Make the yeast first by pouring the active yeast in warm luke water with sugar, wait till it's ready. 

meanwhile prepare bowl, add flour, salt, butter. Use your hand or tools to make crumpled butter dissolved in flour. 
make a well
whisked the egg and pour it in the well

add ready yeast mix 

Boiled milk, add vanilla, mix in the well lil by lil so you can tell whether it's ready dough or not. If too much liquid then it will be too sticky like mine n takes time to knead it coz you pour more flour more n more, worried it will have bad taste.

 since I made the dough too sticky so I let it rest in the fridge for about 1hour

after 1 hour in fridge, I tried shaping it.
Still sticky so I pour flour on cutting board n my hands 
Shaped the dough and then wait for about 30more min depends on how warm your room temperature is, the warmer the sooner they doubled size

Well out of the sticky part, I was quite happy since finally I made it right about doubled dough hahaha

I made several first n put some dough back in the fridge

I tested frying it 



I tested baking some to see how it looks


Glad I have donut pans that finally can be used.
My donuts turned out pretty!

I let them rest before I processed frying or baking
and they still doubled size after few min






spray with cooking oil first for the pan okay!

The texture outside is hard once you took it out from the oven n pan, but after couple hours outside on the plate, it's tender in and out.


Lesson learnt! not to pour all the milk in the dough but lil by lil

To be honest, hmm fried has better taste than the baked one!
Ur choice tho!

Enjoy!


This morning I did the rest of the dough. I fried some and since the ones in the pan *the mini donuts pan* quite sticky tho I sprayed it before with cooking oil, so I baked, but soon as it's cooked for about few min, I took the pan out and then I fried it! I was surprised for the result. So I did the same on regular pan donut. I fried just few second already turned into golden brown!Pretty! 

P.S : make sure you flip donuts quickly otherwise it will get burned




Yeehaw I made experiment of Potato Donuts successfully!
Served with powdered sugar, cheese, chocolate. 
sprinkled on top around it.
will take pics later :-)




P.S : Just chat with friend who made experiment making potato donuts without having trouble with sticky dough. Yuhuuuu will try later! Keep in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment