Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tumpeng-Mini-Indonesian Yellow Rice Style Mini size-

Tumpeng mini is just the idea that I created since I mistakenly bought the cake mold that I thought was big lol. I was just too excited buying cheap stuff. But well it turned out to be that useful. I can make mini tumpeng. ^^
I have regular tin mold for real tumpeng that I got from Indonesia. Just not having the event yet and too much for just the two of us, but this one is good size. So I could test it first and looks pretty and cute.
 
Tumpeng is Indonesian style of yellow rice that's decorated with other dishes around the edge in a circle. It's made for celebrating Birthday, anniversary, traditional wedding, or any other national days. Nowadays plenty of creative tumpeng in different shapes. Long time ago was only like the cone.
I like tumpeng that is made by 100% sticky rice and I would eat it with seasoned fried fine grated coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment