Friday, January 10, 2014

Gudeg Ayam, Tempe, Telor, Tahu



I hope you could see how happy I was yesterday in my kitchen! ^^ Jingkrak-jingkrak

As soon as hubby got into the house after working, He asked "what's cooking? smells so good! I could even smell it before I came inside."
It's GUDEG! I said, by stressing the word and He repeated it funnily. 
I know he won't remember the names of the food I made tho no matter how hard he tries. Only RENDANG maybe, but it took months lol.

What is Gudeg? It's famous delicious dish from Jogjakarta, Central Java, Indonesia. Just google it if you wanna know more about it. ^^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudeg


If you won't be able to visit Jogjakarta then try cooking this food first. Hubby hasn't been there but once he ate this food, he said "I wanna live there!" *_* Really??
Well when I ate this, You know what's on my mind? I felt like I was back in java! with friends and family. Got that moment in each spoon I had ^^ It's been long time I didn't eat this food even when I was in Jakarta.

I just wanna share how I made with stuff I had. Actually the real main ingredients are young Jack fruit, *read unripe* and boiled eggs. You can get unripe jackfruit in some Asian markets, it's in a can. Just wash till it's clean and boil first till tender enough and then mixed with the seasoning. Here are the recipes. 


Ingredients
5-8 chicken wings
2 packs of Tempe, I diced it
half pack of firm tofu, cut big square
3 boiled eggs

Seasonings
2-3 shallots
3-4 garlic
5-6 macadamia nuts *subs of candle nuts*
2 tbsp brown sugar/dark brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1 cup of water
Grind them all into a paste *use half cup of water first* 
the other half cup is pour later

2-3 tea bags of Earl Grey. *hmm if you have black tea is recommended*
1 can of coconut milk, thick one.
2-3 bay leaves
a knuckle of tamarind paste 
a knuckle of Galangal
 
Methods
If you wanna watch the video how to cook it, click this Gudeg

Prepare a pot and bring the paste into simmer. Add the other half cup of water. Add chicken. Add tea bags, carefully. Bring to boil

Add Add coconut milk, bay leaves, tamarind paste, Galangal. Bring to boil. Add boiled eggs,tempe and tofu. 
Keep an eye for the tea bags. *Be sure the tea leaves still in the bag* Pressed them with spatula and spoon so the brown color could be made. 

Cover the pot and in low heat cook till the liquid is almost gone.


Recommended food! Try it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment