Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cheese Chiffon Cake

I love Chiffon! And this flavor would be my fav and hope it helps me gaining weight. ^^

This is the first time I made cheese chiffon. I thought chiffon can only be made without heavy additional ingredients since it should be sponge light cake. But I made this one!Cheese!^^ I guess next time banana chiffon cake would be my next project.

Ingredients
135 gr all purpose flour, shifted
70gr fine grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100gr granulated sugar
100ml milk ( I used soy milk )
100ml canola oil
6 egg yolks
6 white eggs
1/2 cream tartar



Methods 
- Prepare chiffon mold cake, warm it up for about 10 min in low heat oven.

- In another bowl : flour, cheese, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 2 tbsp of sugar from 100ml and leave it the rest to mix with white egs later* and add 6 egg yolks, canola oil, milk. It's going to be like thick batter. Put aside.

- In a mixing bowl, mix 6 white eggs with cream of tartar, till it has foam and then add sugar. Mix in high speed. Till it shapes soft peak.

- When the white eggs ready, Pour one at a time till it blend well to the batter.

- Sprinkle hot water in a cake mold before you pour the batter in it.

- Bake 50 min and once it's done,take it out from the oven and put it up side down till it's cooling down. chiffon cake mold has 3 legs and that's the function, to hold it stand.
I Love sponge texture. Soft and the taste is not that sweet.
I added fine grated cheddar on top. Just to show that this is cheese chiffon. ^^
 I recommend this cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment