Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes



Thanks Lidia! 
Yes I like watching her food channel, tho I'm not into western style food. ^^
To be honest I do wanna try changing my appetite of food in USA but I need to make it my own that meets my appetite still which is not too much butter, milk, cheese. 

Hubby was in the mood for steak yesterday and he wanna invite his buddies for having dinner together. Me not into steak for your info was in charge for making mashed potatoes.

Mashed Potatoes!
I love potatoes to tell you the truth. But still I'm picky.
I guess one time I ate mashed potatoes in one of the restaurants and tooooo buttery or milk I have no idea, I just couldn't eat it. Until then I always avoid mashed potatoes even it's home made by American friends. ^^


But this Lidia, Italian chef changed my mind about it. I love the way she cooked it. NO BUTTER!
I browsed her website and copied of her recipe. Here's the link to it olive oil mashed potatoes

Oh my God! So good! Love it!*I ate with super spicy saute'sausages mixed in veggies*  


serves: serves 4 to 6

Try this recipe for a delicious Italian rendition of mashed potatoes. I recall that my grandma would fork-mash boiled potatoes, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Here I added some roasted garlic cloves, very much an Italian American favorite.

Ingredients
2 heads garlic
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2½ pounds medium russet potatoes
1 cup whole milk
- See more at: http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/929#sthash.Vu3x2L1n.dpufolive oil mashed potatoes
 
serves: serves 4 to 6

Try this recipe for a delicious Italian rendition of mashed potatoes. I recall that my grandma would fork-mash boiled potatoes, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Here I added some roasted garlic cloves, very much an Italian American favorite.

Ingredients
2 heads garlic
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2½ pounds medium russet potatoes
1 cup whole milk
- See more at: http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/929#sthash.Vu3x2L1n.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment