Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lemper


this is old one first time I made n couldnt find banana leaves yet
The Ingredients 
100 gr Sticky Rice/ Glutinous rice, soak 2 hours or more
1 cup of coconut milk ( i use coconut powder mix with water )
1 tsp of salt
2 bay leaves
1/2 lemon grass

Methods
Wash the sticky rice after you soak it for 2hours. Boil the coconut milk. Add bay leaves and salt. Put the rice till the coconut milk almost dry. Stir it once in a while so that the rice won't stick to the pot. Move it to the steamer and steam it till it's done, I use rice cooker timer 15 minute.

How to wrap
Take aluminum foil (7by10 of more if you wanna make bigger) Put the rice flat on it. Put the filling, how to make it see this link http://harrellfz.blogspot.com/2011/06/rolade-daging.html
but no need egg to wrap for this one.
Roll the aluminum foil so that the rice covers the filling. Clip the edge of the aluminum foil just like you wrap gift.
I got 9 Lemper for this recipe

Yuhuuu I made another Lemper and this time I filled it with TUNA and using banana leaves. 
It's actually the filling for Panada but it's almost the same.


The recipe just open this Panada

And for the glutinous rice, I cooked traditional way. I used 1 cup and After soaking it for about 8hours, I washed and steamed it for 20min. Meanwhile I boiled coconut milk 2 cups, added lemongrass, salt, kaffir limes leaves.
Once the steamer off I removed the glutinous rice that's just half done cooking into a bowl and pour the cooked coconut milk. Mixed it and covered it till absorbed.
and then put back in the steamer, cook for another 20min.





No comments:

Post a Comment