Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Carrot Muffin

carrot cashew nut muffins

I have known this kind for quite long but I ignored it since the ingredient is carrot?? Oh my, I am not that veggies lover esp carrot LOL but on Saturday nite, we had a dinner invitation and got carrot cake! I tasted little and Yummy *since I was too full and I only took little from my hubby's.
Browsing the joyofbaking but I didn't use all the ingredients and i don't use the topping so i called this muffin LOL
Here's my simple recipe.

The Ingredients

5 carrots, peeled and grated
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of raisin
1/2 cup of ground walnuts *optional,sometimes i don't add
2 cups of all purpose flour
4 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tsp  baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of canola oil / vegetable oil

How to make
Mix the eggs and the sugar till it's turning to pale color and develop, maybe 15-20minute in high speed. Turn the mixer down bit after that, pour the flour, salt, baking soda, till it blends, pour the carrots, oil, raisin, cinnamon, walnuts. Mix them well. Prepare the cupcake pan. Fill it half. Bake for 15 minutes or till you see golden brown.

carrot cake

P.S : if you don't have any muffin pan, it can be made in cake pan or banana bread pan *above pic*
Below is my other carrot muffins, i added cashew nuts!





No comments:

Post a Comment