Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tembro -Tempe filling in grated cassava cake-

Back to my blog!
Sorry for not writing for quite sometimes. Been busy in the house with bathroom project. Still got to move on with bedroom now. Painting, Putting the carpet and GOD willing the master bedroom will  be done. >_<
My studio is also still in a mess. Too lazy taking pics in a mess studio. But now I'm trying back on track. Cooking and Taking pics. ^_^
I've been cooking yummy snacks so far but let me show this one first.
Tembro! Hmm yummy!

For Indonesians who live abroad probably know what Tembro is. It's actually COMBRO for the original name of this traditional snack. It's made of grated cassava with special filling that we call ONCOM. I have no idea how to make ONCOM here. Got to have special stuff also I think to make it. Well since Oncom is not available so Tempe is the alternative.And that's why we call it TEMBRO. >_< *Ngarang*


Tempe is easy to make and since I am making it too so here I am with Tembro. 
This is the first time I make Tembro, FYI. I heard about this for quite long ago but somehow not too interested making it until few days ago I finally made it. I know why!! Grated Cassava can only be found in asian market and hubby is not fond of going to asian market lol. And I'm too lazy make grated cassava manually. 
Yup the main ingredient besides Tempe is grated cassava and little mixed of Dried Coconut flakes unsweetened one. Those are available in the Asian Market only.
The thing that my hubby avoid for this snack is frying. That's why he hasn't tasted it. >_<
I guess this is only for me then.
I'll be back for the recipe. I guess it's better if you click this pretty link : tembro recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment