Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blueberry Buns


This is the condition of over nite buns after in the fridge and warm it in oven for 5min and I poured the glaze on top

Pinterest is another place I could browse recipe with pretty nice pics. I'm eager learning making sweet bread and glad I got it. ^^ 
The texture is still soft tho over nite


I don't know how many times I made sweet bread so far, but this time is the first I used bread flour. Looks like I should always use it if I wanna make bread. This dough didn't have egg in it but the texture Oh my.. soo pretty! Just like in the stores. ^^ Ready opening bakery cafe ?? LOL 


Got plenty of blueberries from my friend and not really into Pies. I know I could use it for smoothie. Hmm just wonder with bread.

After browsing, finally I found the one that's interesting but in German language I guess. Thinking of my sis and Voila she translated it. Thanks sis!


The idea was rolls actually on that recipe, but hey this is my first trial, should have tried the simple recipe first hahaha nice excuse. 
Actually I couldn't make the berries stay in the rolls so I changed it to buns. *It seems because I didn't add butter, so they don't wanna stick in the dough* 
But I love this dough result. I'm gonna make this recipe as basic sweet bread from now on.
Love the texture!

Ingredients A
130g bread flour
20g yeast active
200ml milk
1 tsp honey


Ingredients B
260g Bread flour
65g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
75 Butter, melted


Filling
450 g blueberries fresh
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
25g Butter 

Lemon zest



Methods
Ingredients A : Warm the milk and pour yeast,honey sugar and flour. Cover it for about 30 min.

Mixed ingredients A and B in a mixing bowl till it becomes smooth. Cover it and leave it in room temperature for 4hours.

Prepare the filling. Shifting the flour over the berries, fold it with other ingredients
.

Punch the dough that's been doubling size so the air comes out. Divided the dough and flattened it and fill it with blueberries. *I'm gonna try next dough to wait for another developing tho who knows*

Arrange the dough that's been filling in a round cake pan that's been greased with butter or margarine. I used cheese cake pan. Brush it with whisked egg. Baked for about 30-40 min.

I just love seeing the result! It was quite late but I kept taking pics. Haven't even tasted it. ^^

Let's see if I could take another pics tomorrow morning hmm with better style. Yea right I'm stuck with style most of the times. ^^


I pour the glaze over the buns. I browsed the glaze how to, it's easy haha I never know how to make it before. It's only 1 cup of Confection sugar or powder sugar mixed with 2 tbsp of milk. I didn't add any flavor. 
Hmm looks good! I hope it helps the sweet sensation over lil tart blueberry.^^

I can't believe I made this buns without egg but the result is soft and tender. ^^ Sooooo happy! Alhamdulillah.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment