Friday, July 12, 2013

Manisan Kolang Kaling -Palm seeds sweets-


Yay I got Kolang-Kaling a.k.a Buah Attep
 palm seeds in FL! Ha ha ha 

It's not my fav snacks tho but It is always available in Ramadan and Eid Mubarak In Indonesia. 
Some people put palm seeds in Kolak with bananas and sweet potatoes or casava too for Iftar. 
*Kolak is a kind sweet soup that's cooked with coconut milk* 
*Iftar means breaking the fast in Ramadan*

I like to make it into sweets like this for my guests in Eid Mubarak.

I made the color red by pouring Fanta 
The way I cooked is by boiling it in sugar with kaffir lime leaves. It's very simple.

I only put 5 tsp of sugar, since the seeds in the can were already packed in sugary water but I washed it and threw away the water from the can just to be more careful with that tho
For the kaffir limes, add more would be better  if you have.





No comments:

Post a Comment