Thursday, July 4, 2013

Es Cendol


Ramadan is coming soon!

Glad finally I could make this jelly drink 
I have no idea this kind of dessert is famous not only in Indonesia but also most of south east asia.

Got plenty recipes on youtube!




For Jelly, I used the ready mixed, vietnam product.


I only added coconut milk 1 can when I cooked it, 1.5 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt.
some friends added white lime paste *kapur sirih* 
This is the second time I made but this one I didn't add coconut milk

FYI it's simple but need power to stir it
non stop! OHMY

For the syrup, just brown sugar and water boiled till all sugar dissolved, added jack fruit and Pandan leaves to give fragrant n flavor.

For the coconut milk, cook till it's bit simmer lil bit gulping almost like boiling, added corn starch for lil thicker. 
Don't forget added pandan leaves as well.

Garnish Jack fruit. *optional* 
I got it in a can, diced it.
Several ice cubes.

Served in a glass, jack fruit in the bottom, then syrup,ice cubes,jelly,coconut milk.
Stir before you drink it.

HAVE A NICE RAMADAN

No comments:

Post a Comment