Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Organic Tempe (Tempeh) Burger

The result of baking n broiling
Use pan that's sprayed with cooking oil
Baked for about 10 min and broiled set medium

I have been talking about Tempe for couple of days. Been making it also for my customers. Nice to hear they like it. 
Time to take a break from making Tempe. Unless another order comes :-)

I have made Tempe for my own. I tried the organic one this time. Some people already change their food into organic so why not trying once you can make your own. 



Tempe Burger

Yup some of you might have tried it but not us yet. Browsing some recipes that might meet my taste. Well, I am picky eater, hard to please my tummy >_< 


Ingredients

1 small pkg organic Tempeh
3 cloves of garlic
1 green onionm chopped 
3/4 onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp nutmeg powder
1 tsp sweet soy sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar *optional*
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp bell pepper powder
1 egg separate the white
1 tsp olive oil

How to make it

Diced, Steamed tempe for about 20 min. Then mashed it. Set aside.

Prepare pan with olive oil. Saute garlic, onion, green onion. Add all seasonings. Bring to simmer, taste it and set aside. 

Prepare the bowl with mashed Tempe in it. Mix all seasonings then add yolk. Ready to shape it round just like burger.
If you have plastic gloves then better use it. I only tear off the plastic and shape Tempe.

Tempe Burger ready to be pan fried or baked
I wait for my hubby to do it coz i wanna have it fresh
so i wrapped it with plastic and keep in fridge just couple of hours
let it rest so the seasonings absorb maybe even better


P.S : I Kept one in refrigerator over a nite. I did make it as the second experiment and then I baked it for about 10min. Hard to flip it so I broiled for top side. I used small oven that I can set medium broil

For pan fried after you have tempe burger ready,and let it cool in refrigerator for about an hour, whisked the egg white in a bowl. Dipped tempe burger and fried/pan fried it till golden color.

After few min in fridge
Dipped in the egg white
Pan fried till golden color, flip it to get each side cooked


Prepare the bun and the veggies if you have. For now I am not ready for that hahaha and I couldn't eat well either since I just had my back teeth added with braces >_< 
so I let hubby eat it and he said Yummy!


This is the process of pan fried
P.S : The difference of pan fried and baked broiled is the texture in my opinion. Since it's quite thick, the one in pan fried is bit wet moist than the baked broiled one. I like the baked broiled one.










No comments:

Post a Comment