Monday, February 3, 2014

Bakpia -homemade, first trial-



Bakpia, Pia is famous snack/cookies from Jogjakarta, Central Java,Indonesia.
It's small kind of pastry with mung bean paste filling. Nowadays plenty kind of fillings are made. Durian flavor, cheese, those all I know so far. Speaking about filling, I didn't really follow the recipe. I made use of mung bean porridge / Bubur kacang hijau that's been in the fridge for 3days. I made too much so I made the mung bean into pure. Over nite fridge and then used it for the filling. Not bad tho. I can taste the ginger in it hahha.

I know making this snack takes time. But I wanna test my skill of pastry here. ^^
I made it okay but not as pretty as the original ones but the taste is not that bad. I love the texture I made, soft.

Here's the recipe I got bakpia in bahasa. I got the english version here bakpia recipe


Here's the method link  how to
She put the pics as well to make it easier. Looks like I didn't fold that right. No wonder I only could have see 1 layer.^^
put them in oil
Put the dough in the oil
The idea of putting the dough in the oil seems helping the dough not sticky, I guess. But well your hands will be messy. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment