Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nigiri Rice


Japanese food is not my cup of tea especially certain sushi with raw fish >_< but I like the style of rice. 
Long time ago I did try making sushi with seaweeds but soo sticky and I made a mess. 


I made this kind of shaped rice today to save some left over, extra soft tender rice I made on Sunday. It's combination of Nishiki and Indian rice. We made mistake buying Indian rice at that time, it's short grain but hard. So we bought Nishiki that's quite soft. I don't wanna throw away Indian rice so I cooked it still but always mix it with lil bit Nishiki. Somehow on Sunday I used too much water. For me who is still wearing braces, that kind of rice is perfect but not for normal people hahaha 


Glad it was not much left after sunday potluck! I made only 7 rolls of nigiri I guess.
Method

I used left over 3 white eggs from last nite's banana cake/bread. whisked white eggs with lil salt, sambal oelek. Fried and sliced. Put aside.

6 shrimps, cleaned, pan fried with lil olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, salt. Put a side.

Left over soft tender rice is warmed up in microwave for about 1-2min. Added lil salt.

Take a plastic food wrap,just as big as your palm or more. Put it on your palm. Take a spoon full of rice, flattened and filled with shrimps and a sliced of fried white eggs. cover with more rice and started making an oval shape with your palm. 

Garnished with sesame seeds, parsley flakes. Served with wasabi and soy if you like or just eat it right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment