Monday, August 15, 2011

Spicy Rice Flavor


Got the idea from my Bengali friend when I helped her cooking for Ifthar. *breaking the fast in Ramadan*
I only use seasoning that I have in my kitchen. Cinnamon, Olive oil, Chili peppers, Garlic powder, Salt, Onion.

Preparation :
3 cups of Jasmine Rice *mine is Aroma rice cooker cup, 160 ml in 1cup *my friend used Basmati Rice* wash 3x till the water is clear enough.
1 Onion, peel, wash, thinned slice
3-5 chili peppers, wash *make sure small ones, if you don't have, big is fine but make sure after it's done, pick them away. It's just for flavor not to be eaten, coz it might be still hot LOL*
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 stick of cinnamon
2 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of salt

How to make :
Prepare the rice cooker. After you wash the rice,put it in a rice cooker pot. Add water up to line 3. Put all the seasonings, mix them well. Close the lid. Set the timer to white rice. It's about 10-15min. Open the lid, mix it. Ready to be served with all kind of food. Grilled chicken, Beef Curry etc. Believe me it's so Yummy! No need spoon or fork to eat this rice. Just use your fingers but make sure you wash them LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment