Saturday, April 5, 2014

Asinan Jakarta -Jakarta,Indonesian Fresh Salad-

We love it!
This is Indonesian style of salad I can say that I tried making it here in FL.
Browsing recipes and asking my sis to make sure our mom's recipe is the same or not with net source, well yup. ^^
My mom used to make this Asinan during Ramadhan Holy month. 

Everybody loved her Asinan, Alhamdulillah. 
Now here I am missing her and missing her Asinan as well.^^

Ingredients
-Dressing/soup-
4cups of water
500gr palm sugar
1/2tsp salt 
Boiled till the sugar dissolved
Add
5 tbsp of sambal oelek
If you can't find it then fresh red chili pepper, grind them
1 tbsp of Tamarind
3 tbsp white vinegar
pinch of shrimp paste *terasi* optional
Cooked till it's boiling again
 put a side 
(with a strainer pour it into a jar when it's cooler) 

Vegetables  
(I used shredder kitchenaid to make them into small pieces)
Half head of cabbage
3-5 carrots
a pack of bean sprout ready to use (publix)
half pack of firm tofu, diced
(soaked in salt, coriander,lil water for about 10min) 
Indonesian Cracker (Kerupuk Mie), fried
fried peanut 


How to serve, Just like in the pic above, arrange the shredded veggies, bean sprout, tofu, peanut, then pour the dressing soup and put the cracker on top and if you want, you can pour lil of liquid palm sugar *additional* you can have it ready liquid palm sugar
 I got it from a friend of mine, I didn't know where she got it, maybe when she was in Indonesia ^^ or perhaps you can make caramel for subs.





No comments:

Post a Comment