Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mochi -mungbeans filling-

Testing recipe of Mochi I Almost gave up in the middle of processing tho. I thought I made mistake but I said to my self just be creative dear, ^^ instead of shaping the dough into balls, I used talam cake mold to  shape it. Voilaaaaaa!! texture is just like I used to eat and yummy! 
 Ingredients
I used the filling from left over I had, bakpia.
so I am just telling you the skin/dough recipe.
This is the video link of cooking peeled mungbeans
to make mungbeans filling 

150g glutinous rice flour
50gr granulated sugar
100ml hot water
50ml water
10gr corn starch
20g vanilla powder
1/2tsp salt
a pinch of green tea from green tea sachet

How to make is a bit tricky
I mixed glutinous rice flour, vanilla powder, salt
add 50ml water, sugar, mixed it and add hot water
mixed it well
*Since I still had crumbled so I pour lil bit more water and it turned out soo sticky huh*

I couldn't shape it into balls, so I used talam cake mold to steam it
I sprayed the cake mold with cooking oil first 
and then put lil dough in the bottom of the cake 
and 
put the filling and then cover it with the dough

Steam for about 30min till the bottom cooked well

meanwhile prepare the powder to cover mochi later once they are cooked
It is from corn starch by heating it up in a small pan
I used 3 tbsp of corn starch, this is for dusting.

As soon as the steamer stop for about 20-30min, I removed the mochi from the cake mold by using plastic tsp that's been greased by cooking oil. 
carefully I squeezed the plastic mold and used teaspoon plastic to let the edge move out from the mold and it fell to the corn starch pan that I already prepared for dusting, rolled it, till all surface covered. 

Yummy!
Next time I'm gonna make peanut, mungbeans that's been peeled, for the filling..
maybe nutela hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment