Thursday, April 3, 2014

Batagor - Fried Stuffed Tofu & Fish balls with peanut dressing sauce-

Last time I made SIOMAY and now I tried making BATAGOR, it's almost the same but it's fried and the main ingredients are tofu & fish only.
The use of Tapioca flour is a bit more than in SIOMAY so that's why the texture here is hmm kenyal what is in English >_< chewy perhaps is the right word, but they are still tender.
Thanks again Diah Didi's. I follow her from now on then. ^^
Let me tell you briefly what I used here.

For the Fish ball batter
-2 tilapia fillet *that's what I had in the freezer* got too much making siomay before*
-3 cloves of garlic, sliced and fried
-1 tsp salt
-1 egg white
-2 green onion, sliced
-200gr tapioca starch *I used 5tbsp*
-50ml water
Grind them all in FoodProcessor

-Half pack firm tofu. 
*cut into another half and cut again into triangle. Soaked them in a turmeric water and salt for about 15min. *I want my tofu has bit taste, so it's optional* Dig carefully to make a hole but don't break it, put aside. 



Meanwhile,prepare the pan with vegetable oil to fry.
After all ingredients were smooth, except tofu, Spoon the batter into balls * I used two tsp, couple of movement between 2tsp into shape of ball and right away fried. Stuffed the tofu carefully with the fish batter and then fried. Flip tofu n fish balls till all Golden brown. Fried them In low heat, so that the inside are done.


Peanut dressing sauce
I forget the measurement but I used Half pack of dried raw peanut. Fried them and blend into puree with garlic, sweet soy, 1 tbsp sambal oelek, water. Bring to taste with salt / sugar. The texture of sauce is not too thick but not too thin. 

Serving it by slicing them into several pieces and pour the peanut sauce, sweet soy, chili hot sauce/sriracha. If you have Lime(small size asian style) drop some lime juice on it. Yumm n smells good. 

This pic was my portion ^^ so full.


No comments:

Post a Comment