Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Home Made Abon Sapi -fried shredded beef-

Finally I made it!
Oh My! 

Abon Sapi is made of beef that's cooked till tender and then mashed it using the meat tenderizer and shredded it. 

I cooked it using presto for 45min after the whistling. I used the chunks beef from costco. I didn't weigh it but it's 2 cups. 
In the presto I added galangal and bayleaves.


Prepare the seasonings:

5 Shallots (i only had half big onion), 4garlic, 1tsp coriander,1tsp salt,1tbsp sugar, 3 candle nuts *macadamia nuts* some chilies *optional*

After I made it into pure, Sauted it.

Pour 300ml coconut milk. Bring to simmer and then add the shredded beef. 
Cook till it's absorbed. Meanwhile stiring it, folding it in low heat non stop.

Once it's dried, Pour vegetable oil, till it's covered the shredded beef and fried till it's done. *color changed*
This part was quite taking times! Oh my, stirring folding over and over again to keep it away from burning.
But the worst part was draining it from the oil once it's done.
It should be really dried. I used potato ricer that's put paper towel and then pressed it. Separated the lumps into fine shredded beef.
I fried some cloves of garlic to be added once the shredded beef is ready. Fried Shallots would be better too but I didn't have it.
Quite glad I made it! I almost gave up making it. ha ha 
Now I can make Lemper, Yay!
Hope it's yummy! :-) I am fasting so I can't taste it yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment