Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bone Soup

Believe it or not I only like lil meat in the bones just like doggy I guess lol. Well I am not a meat person to be honest. I like meat that's still attached or near the bone. If pure meat then I have to cook till it's absorbed the seasoning *rich spicy* such as Rendang.

Quite surprise bones here are very cheap. In a pack sometimes 1-2 dollars
The only I wish for here is Goat. Yea I don't know where I could find bones of Goat. That would be nice!

Ingredients and How to cook

1 pack of bone soup
2 cups water
Ginger roots
1 tsp salt
Boiled all in a medium pot, till the meat is a bit tender. Removed the fat that's around the side of the pot and surface. The fastest way is take strainer and pour it to another clean pot. Continue boiling.

Meanwhile prepare the seasoning.
take couple of shallots, cloves of garlic, black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric. Make into paste with magic bullet or in a mortar. Saute it and add cinnamon stick, cloves, cracked nutmeg. Smells would be sooooo good.
Pour it to the boiling bones. Add some potatoes, carrots. Cook till they are tender.

For garnishing and serving, you can slice some tomatoes, couple of spoons fresh Indonesian style pickles ( cubes of carrots, cucumbers, shallots, and some fresh green chilies/thai chili soaked in white vinegar with lil salt and sugar plus lil water )
and fried shallots(sliced thinly n fried till golden color, make sure don't burn it lol)

and of course Jasmine rice! and chicken satay or Goat satay would be great. Happy tummy!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment