Monday, July 22, 2013

Gulai Daun Singkong -shredded yucca leaves in coconut milk-


Holly Guacamolly :P I got plenty of yucca leaves from my Indonesian girl in Tampa and she said I should pick plenty so I can give some to Indonesian ladies in Jax as well. Oh Boy.. yea we Indonesians are crazy ha ha ha


I got back home around noon but still tired taking care of these leaves so at nite I was putting them in a cooler with some water to keep them fresh the next day when my girlfriend would pick, but some were not fresh when I checked in the morning, so I boiled and pressed and kept them in ziplock freezer bags for my own stock. Oh my I guess it will last till winter lol

Yucca tree or cassava tree is quite famous in Indonesia. We cook most of the time with it, the roots, the leaves, we love eating them, the roots especially for me. It can be cooked in plenty of ways and so yummy!

Now I got the leaves! this is the first time I cooked in FL. I browsed the recipe for Gulai Daun Singkong. 


Ingredients & Method
300gr of fresh yucca leaves, 
boiled with 1000ml water with 1 tbsp of salt
for about 10min
drained, shredded it. Put aside.

10 shallots ( I subs with half vidalia onion )
4 cloves of garlic
2 red chili peppers (you can add more for more spicy)
2 tsp of turmeric 
Blended in magic bullets by adding 1tbsp of olive oil
sauted

add the tiny dried shrimps *I forgot the name*
 shredded yucca leaves, add lemongrass, galangal,
 1000ml coconut milk, bring to simmer.
add salt, sugar as desired. 
Cook for about 20min or until the leaves tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment