Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mini Apple Pie

To tell you the truth this is my first trial making and eating apple pie here! >_<
I'm not into sweet and hubby always tells me that American loves sweet so that I never wanna buy or try.  Yea picky eater!

 I still have one big apple in the fridge and one more green apple that hubby perhaps forgot lol, it's behind the jars and stuff in the fridge, yea yea I need to clean stuff that's been sitting for a while.

I watched Martha bakes on tv the other day, and looks so easy making apple pie.
But I don't wanna make big apple pie. So I browsed mini apple pie and voila.
 LOVE IT!

Gosh it took forever taking these mini apple pies!
I just couldn't get good angles with my limited props!^^
But I made DIY socks sandmen! sand coz the socks color is ivory ^^
I don't have long white socks!
Here is the recipe
Ingredients
For the crust
1 cup of all purpose flour
6 tbsp of cold butter, diced it
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of ice cold water

For the filling
2 big apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp flour

Methods
For the crust
In a bowl pour flour and diced butter
Use fork to make the butter crumbled in the flour
add sugar and salt
Knead it till all butter blend
wrap in a plastic food wrapper 
store in the fridge for about 30min

For the filling
In a bowl, pour all ingredients

Once the crust is ready, flattened it with rolling pin as thin as possible
take a small bowl and flip it to make the round shape cutter.
Prepare the muffin pans that's been greased.
put the round crust in the muffin pans and use fork to make holes in the bottom
Fill it with the filling 
cover it with the crust 
Baked in 375F for about 35-45min 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment