Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wings in Green Chili peppers Sauce


I have lots of green chili peppers. From medium, hot and extra hot *well at least to my taste*. Getting bored making the green chili paste only *since i couldn't make the right one,LOL* so that I cooked with chicken wings. My sister who gave me idea, she said this kind of food is from Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia.

How to cook :

6 Chicken wings, Cleaned, Marinated in lemon juice and salt for about 15 min.
10 green chili peppers. Any kind will do * I used Jalapeno, serrano and fresno green chili peppers
3 candle nuts *macadamia nuts*
1-3 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of turmuric
1 inch of ginger root *ginger powder maybe is okay*

Ground them all and saute in 3 tbsp of olive oil or veg oil. Add slices of lemongrass, Kaffir lime. Add more salt or Knorr chicken block *optional*.  Cook for 2-5min. Then put the chicken. Mix them well. Add water. Cook till tender. The last add lemon basil leaves. Serve with Jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment